At 23 weeks 5 days:
Blood pressure: 125/70
Weight gain: +12 (I'm wearing winter woolies today being 63 degrees out! The at home, sans clothes, gain is +10)
FCS heart rate: 150s
Fundal height: 23.5
Met with Dr. M this morning. He's always so full of compliments about what a good job I'm doing. He congratulated me for making it to viability, but let me know we want to keep things cooking for at least 10 more weeks. So, at least 34 weeks is the goal, but since we're greedy we're going for the full 40 weeks to let the boy grow as much as possible before he makes his debut.
We chatted for a bit about the contractions I've been feeling and the spotting. He did an internal exam and the cervix is closed and appears to be holding up. The cervix isn't showing any current bleeding and I don't appear to be in active labor. He wants me to monitor the contractions, most likely Braxton Hicks practice contractions, and let him know of any further bleeding. He'll check me again before we leave for NYC the week of Thanksgiving.
Activity is something I should do as I feel able, but as much as I'm tempted, don't push myself. Listen to my body, rest whenever able, and generally begin slowly transitioning into more periods of relaxation.
And the big question Charlie sent me with was presented: "Will I be able to travel in late December/early January?" I explained the trip would be more of a change of scenery for me, no skiing, no hiking. He warned against all the cold weather evils for me, a clumsy southern woman, such as altitude, dehydration, slipping on ice. After a deep breath, and many warnings, he advised, "Travel at your own risk" as I will be on the cusp when travelling is generally not recommended. He thought the biggest issue being I could begin laboring and while it is perfectly fine to happen in Colorado, he will not be there to come off the mountain, hold my hand, and help me through. We'll talk more about it in early December and make a more informed decision then based on how things are looking.
Glucose screen set for November 4th. Next appointment with Dr. M November 19th. And if being nearly 24 weeks hasn't already pushed me into the "we're really having a baby" mode, I set appointments for hospital preregistration and preop clearance in November. We also got a notice from the insurance company that they've approved a hospital stay for me in February.
Unbelievable!