Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Banana Bread

We love banana bread around here. I had to have a warm slice as soon as it hit the plate, even before I took the picture. I made this last night and after breakfast I'd say it's nearly two-thirds gone.


Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp corn oil
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 3/4 cup flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 2 tbsp vinegar
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 large bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup pecans or chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Cream corn oil, sugar, and beaten egg
  2. Sift flour soda, salt, baking powder
  3. Blend milk with vinegar to create sour milk
  4. Alternate the addition of sugar mixture and dry ingredients with the milk
  5. add vanilla, bananas, and nuts
  6. bake 350 degrees for 1 hour

No comments: