Freddie's class has been growing sugar and salt crystals and studying crystals. He's told his friends and teachers his daddy grows crystals at work, so the teachers invited Charlie to talk to the class about his research. Now, if Charlie's ever talked to you about his research you're probably chuckling. The man LOVES to talk about his research and he often forgets his audience. But he knows this, and so he practiced what he'd say to this group of 4 year olds.
He talked about their sugar and salt crystals, the snowflakes and water crystals outside, and then proteins and the protein crystals he studies, all accompanied by pictures. Perfection. Freddie was beaming the entire time. Thinking about the look on his face as Charlie walked into the classroom actually makes me teary. He was so proud of Charlie and so excited to "share his Dad." I know one day the pride will most likely be mixed with the normal embarrassment kids feel about their parents, but I hope we're able to find those moments to be present, a part of it.
3 comments:
I love this because I am going to Eva's school to talk about and show minerals to her class today. I'll be walking in with a box of goodies (rocks and minerals), and she said she is very excited for me to come. She's a 9 year old, so for her to say it means a lot.
Holy Cow!!
He looks like he is in the middle of an Allstate commercial!!
This is precious!!
Post a Comment