Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Um Ba-bay Update

At 19 weeks, 5 days:

Boy's Heart rate: 150s
Fundal height: 20 weeks
Blood pressure: 110/70
Overall weight gain: +7


Saw Dr. M this morning. He said I look "great" and he'd never know I was eating a McDonald's sausage biscuit everyday. (Ok, maybe not every day, but I've definitely had more McDonald's breakfasts since I found out I was pregnant than I've had in the last 5 years combined. )

We chatted for a bit about Dr. L's screening last week. He said he hadn't yet received the report and it wasn't unusual for it not to be available in the system yet for his review, however, if Dr. L had any pressing concerns, he was certain she'd call immediately. We discussed her request for another visit, and he felt she was typically on the conservative end, requesting follow ups with 40% of her patients. He said of those going in again, 90% typically had "nothing" to be concerned about post screening. He's going to look over the report, talk to Dr. L, and most likely leave it up to me as to whether or not we'd like another visit.

Back to Dr. M on October 28 and then the glucose test shortly after that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure your follow up is just close monitoring. My two cents is that if they thought anything was "up" when you were there, they would have mentioned it. Wouldn't they be required to?

Wanted to tell you... Um ba-bay's going to have a buddy in Virginia! We're having a boy too! Just found out yesterday, but haven't had a chance to blog about it yet :)

By the way, I am so envious you've only gained 7 pounds! I'm not sure how much I have, but sadly I'd guess its a lot more than that!

Emmy said...

Everything sounds great there Erin! Heads up on the glucose: the test has a high rate of false positives (even more now than previously, with insurance companies asking them to lower the acceptable blood sugar rate). I failed the initial test all three times, and the second screen is really a pain, so do your best to lay off the whoopie pies leading up to that one!