Saturday, October 20, 2007

I'll eat to that!

Last night after walking the dogs we each weighed in. I am holding at 127 which I suppose is better than gaining. But Charles is down to XXX-27.5! That's come more easily in the last few weeks because we haven't eaten out (no guests and no traveling).

We always talk about food. Or at least I do and Charlie quickly shushes me. I could talk about poboys, cheeseburgers, chocolate cake for the entire 6 miles. His rule used to be if I brought it up we got to eat it. He's since given up on that but doesn't indulge in my conversations of "oooohhh, I really want a Bud's burger" and "why don't we go get a Popeye's biscuit."

We skipped eating out last week and almost did the same this weekend, knowing that the calories would later rear their ugly head. But when he stepped on that scale, we knew we had to celebrate, and not with any stinking carrot sticks.

So we walked over to Casamento's, sticking to oyster and shrimp loaves and beers. The crab claws and fries were tempting, but we were trying to be reasonable. And besides we still needed to get dessert. We then walked up to The Creole Creamery for a scoop. I've got to believe that walking to "Fat Fest 2007" kept things under control. That's how those Parisians stay thin, right?

No more junk for a while. That means eating lunch before heading to the Saints game so we're not tempted by nachos and hot dogs, and no Halloween candy. That candy thing is going to be hard for me.

No comments: