Monday, September 17, 2007

I can take a hint

Went to have a pedicure today at my favorite cheapy nail salon. I keep neglecting to make an appointment at the fancy spa down Magazine where I could sip wine and pop mixed nuts into my mouth as my feet soak in an herbal bath. But really, I am content with the bright lights, Price is Right blasting on the tube, and chatty yatty women on their cell phones. It must be my lightheadedness from the acrylic nail fumes that get me through those twenty five minutes at the Pretty Nails Salon.

Bad timing today though, it was packed. I had some time at lunch so opted to wait. Until I was approached by one of the meek young women who works there and barely speaks English. Somehow she managed to single me out from the five other women waiting and found the words to ask me if I wanted my eyebrows waxed. My eyebrows waxed.

I was a bit flustered and hesitated before responding a shaky, "No thanks." I don't know why I was taken aback. I've been looking at them in the mirror for a week now. And I don't know why I refused. I think the brow wax is all of seven bucks. I just wasn't expecting it.

Well, that's all it took to send me straight to the car to take care of those eyebrows right then and there in the parking lot. And I didn't even wait around to get some help with these feet.

I wonder what she'll offer when she sees me back in the waiting area tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Well did you take off your entire eyebrow again? Doing it in the car can be dangerous. Guess what? I cut my toe nails and it is driving me crazy. Good luck with your feet.