Thursday, August 02, 2007

List Seeker

I think I've made reference here before to my blog reading as a way of seeing the lives of others. I read lots of blogs of people I don't know, but some of whom I get to know rather quickly by reading their blog. Goes without saying that I like a peek into the lives of others...all others. Blog reading is like fiction, but better. These people and their experiences live, in some cases, right down the street from me. Makes it that much more interesting and sometimes that much easier to relate to or empathize with. We're not just talking about flat out nosiness, although, you may interpret it as such!

Another way I like to have a window into other peoples lives is to pick up their lists. Many discarded lists have no owner for me to associate with them, so I come to my own conclusions about these people. You know, that discarded list in the shopping cart at Dorignac's? I pick it up, glance over it, consider it as I walk the aisles, and sometimes I save it for a few days to reconsider it and it's author at another time.

Well Bruno happened upon the book for me!


Evidently I am not the only one who thinks over the life of the fellow who used the cart yesterday. I had never considered saving those lists for more than a few days, after I was content with the life I pieced together for this person from their list of cheese, potatoes, bread, and milk on the back of an envelope from their water bill. Now I feel like I should save them...for something.

No comments: