Evidently, all of Uptown got a delivery today.
No, it's not Oscar the Grouch! It's our new trash cans.
They are 96 gallons and can handle two of me in weight (that would be 125 x 2 = 250 pounds). Each address got one and they are to be picked up by "semiautomated" garbage trucks.
Many Uptown residents are already complaining about them. My first thought is New Orleanians need to get over it and keep up with progress. I also think it'll help out in our neighborhood where not everyone is as trash courteous, becuase people, in theory, will be forced to use the can to have their trash picked up. Many neighbors like to keep trash on the curb constantly, stacked up in bags, and often the trashmen don't take it all because it gets scattered by animals before trash day.
I am a bit concerned as I drive around town and see many people have opted to leave them out in plain sight rather than wrangle the monstrosity to the back yard or alley way. I know there is a city ordinance that is designed to prevent this, but let's see if anything gets done about it.
First pick up is Tuesday. We'll see what happens!
No comments:
Post a Comment