Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Jack O Lanterns



We finally carved our pumpkins which have been waiting for us for a few weeks now.  The boys have been anxious to do it for a while, but I kinda hoped they would last through Halloween so we put it off until now.  I'm not even sure if they will make it until Friday!


Charlie and I did the messy part.  The boys quickly lost interest in the seed scooping.  Wimps.


 I loved watching Freddie design his jack-o-lantern.  He had a few attempts before he was finally satisfied with his face.



Hans requested a dinosaur in a haunted house and somehow we got him to agree to a bat.  That boy is not easily convinced especially when he has made up his mind so it was no small feat.


I love the excitement of decorating the house and celebrating holidays.  It is probably best that all of our Halloween "decorations" must fit within a shoebox.  Freddie's got designs on a yard filled with tombstones and ghosts one day...he's a suburban boy at heart.

admiring his handiwork

No comments: