Friday, July 11, 2014

Scenes from NOLA: Zoo Edition

We've been traveling and had visitors and generally out of pocket, hence no action on the blog.  Sorry to neglect it and my readers.  I do hate not being here, mostly because I love having these posts to look back on.  (If you've been reading for a while try scrolling through some posts from a few years ago...pretty amazing to see life change.)  Anyway, I'm getting caught up and will most likely not do such a great job providing the details but at least it is a glimpse.

While in NOLA we did go to the zoo, but aside from the elephants we didn't visit any animals and headed straight for the Cool Zoo to give the boys some play time.  




The zoo is adding a lazy river to the Cool Zoo which will take floaters on tubes past some animal exhibits.  Cannot wait to try that!


Freddie had been a little timid in years past when it came to the slides and spraying water, but not this year.  I suppose our trips to the Great Wolf Lodge have made him a seasoned pro.








Hans on the other hand was not so interested, I think mostly because he was behind on sleep and a general grump.  Besides, he had other entertainment...



He did get out there a bit though.




We rode the carousel and the boys played at the playground, but the heat had the adults wanting to get to a cool restaurant with frosty mugs.






The heat didn't bother the boys at all, and I loved their pink cheeks.




Great Day!




1 comment:

Gina said...

AWESOME! how long are y'all here? great pics