Saturday, February 14, 2009

Have I mentioned that I am ready?

Look at dem toes! Love a pedicure.
  • The pedicure is finished.
  • My roots are touched up.
  • The bag is packed.
  • iPhones are loaded with phone lists.
  • Shaving my legs every day!
  • I'm lying around the house more and more trying to rest, even though the garden calls!
  • I've read those birthing and pregnancy books cover to cover at least 8 times already.
  • We've moved onto reading our caring for infant books.
  • The camera batteries are charged.

What else is going on????
  • I am walking 5+ miles every day. It takes an awfully long time to get through. Thankfully the weather has warmed and I am able to be outside and walk, but the tank top riding up to the belly button garners some attention at the park. Rightfully so I suppose.
  • Spicy food is on the menu. I'm trying to get my hands on some crawfish! I'm also eating an avocado each day. Not that I think he's going to respond to that, but I figure any woman 39+ weeks pregnant huffing it 5 miles each day can eat an entire avocado everyday.
  • I can feel lots and lots of movement around and below my belly button. While he used to reserve his movements for upper part of the belly, he's now seeming to wiggle down into position. I also have to say for as much as I have grown in the last few weeks, my back isn't feeling nearly as bad as it had. I really think carrying a breech baby is more of a strain on the back.
  • Charlie's been commenting on my swollen piggies in the evenings. They are pretty funny looking.
  • I'm going to get everything I need for a costume this week. I'm making the costume. We're doing Mardi Gras.

5 comments:

Soapchick said...

Lovely pedicure on the piggies! Keep walking and one of these days your water will break on the walk! Wear black pants! haha. Gosh, I'm getting anxious as well! Come on baby, come out!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are still managing to walk that much. Just going a few blocks to our favorite mexican joint has me nearly passed out by the time we get there!

I am bursting with excitement for you!!

Emmy said...

What's Mardi Gras? I'm more excited about this baby than Fat Tuesday.

Pass the tabasco. See you at the hospital with the ponies.

Chantelle said...

I thought I was doing so well getting in a 4 mile walk w/a friend each week; but knowing that a 9 month pregnant woman is doing 5 miles every day... no words!

Glad to hear your back is feeling better. What a relief that must be!

Emmy said...

count dem days on one hand, mama!