Thursday, September 25, 2008

To Tres

Home after dinner
Charlie hasn't been very cooperative during my self portrait photo shots.

We celebrated, of course, our boy last night with dinner at Patois. We were giddy with excitement over him. I know we would have had the same feelings had the doctor told us it was a girl, so maybe it just shifted from surreal to real with knowing the sex. Although there still remains a tinge of "is this really going to happen," the joy, excitement, and wonder over a baby are taking hold.

Charlie studies the drink menu to decide what will come
after his Rum Ricky. I feel grown up with San Pellegrino!


We toasted "the third." He'll be Frederick Charles, like his father and grandfather. What we'll call him each day is yet to be determined, but we have a few ideas.

Lump crabmeat and avocado salad with sweet potato chips

Dinner was one of the yummiest we've had in a while...squash, vidallia, and basil soup, duck and andouille gumbo (excellent!), shrimp with artichoke hearts, sprouts, oven-dried tomatoes and a lemon emulsion, a lump crabmeat and avocado salad (unbelievable!), gnocchi with jumbo lump crabmeat, chanterelle mushroom and Parmigiano-Reggiano, and finally paneed rabbit with kale, smothered okra and and spicy tasso.

Happy girl!

Wait, there's dessert as well....Mexican chocolate cheesecake, homemade banana and peanut butter ice cream, and banana cream pie (outstanding!).

"Weapon of Choice"
Disappointed it's blurring, but this tiny sign by NoLa Rising
is tacked to the street pole right outside Patois' door.


We enjoyed Patois and will be back to the tiny restaurant nestled Uptown about 1 mile from our house. It was the perfect setting to celebrate our growing family. We talked about this and that, our upcoming vacation, work, family and friends, as we always do, but we each agreed how content we each were and how lucky we are to live this life.

And then...we went to look at breast pumps. Always an adventure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm just catching up with your last post- congratulations!! A healthy baby boy, with heart beating away... pure bliss!!

And I am *so* envious of your lovely dinner... we might take your cue and celebrate similarly in a few weeks after our scan. I am quite food motivated these days too... xox

Caitlin and Ned said...

Congrats! We can't wait to meet him (hopefully in April for Jazz Fest). Perhaps if he is born on Mardi Gras you could go with a similarly themed nickname (Rex, King, etc.). Just a thought!!

Emmy said...

Chuck looks so good in these pics! And you both look so happy, as would I if I were sitting in front of that yummy dinner. We're going to have to make our way over there one night soon.

I had to use my Medela Pump in Style tonight, and I don't think you'll need anything more efficient or *ouch* powerful than that sucker. It does the trick for $300.

Have fun getting ready, and celebrating each step along the way. I can't WAIT to see what you guys come up with for Mardi Gras!

Soapchick said...

hmmm that chocolate thing you were eating looks divine! Glad you had a fab celebration!