Saturday, March 08, 2008

A woman's touch

In the yard sits his man space, the shed. I wanted to grown a vine on it, like what grows on our porch, but he nixed that idea claiming it would ruin the wood.

So last year I tried some hyacinth bean vine with pots and trellis that didn't do so well.


But after a trip to Banting's and a load of flowers...


We now have window boxes!

I like that I can see them from the kitchen window. I can't wait for the plants to mature a little and fill in.

I went with purples, blues, pinks, and whites...


  • Two kinds of purple salvia
  • Lamb's ear
  • White purslane
  • Variegated potato vine
  • Pink Johnny jump ups (vinca)
  • Blue columbine
  • White African daisies with purple centers
  • And some tiny white flowering trailing plant
He kids that he wants some shades so I can't see in the windows. He's going to be mighty surprised when some lace curtains pop up in the man space.

No comments: