So we're up to 18 follicles today, nine on each side. It's as if the ovaries are in competition, and each won't be outdone by the other. They range in size from 15 to 3. About half are in the 15-12mm range. The endometrial lining is at 6mm, with the fluid reducing and looking better.
I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor this afternoon as to my hormone levels, but I will most likely be adding another shot, Ganirelix, to the regimen tonight. It'll slow down my body's desire to ovulate, enabling the eggs to mature a bit more before retrieval.
I go back Wednesday morning for another ultrasound and bloodwork. He estimates the trigger shot will be Wednesday or Thursday with retrieval being Friday or Saturday.
My back is feeling pretty achy today and I'm generally feeling crabby. Feeling bloated and tired don't really help my mood either.
I've got myself a cheerleader, Amy, who has been checking in on me nearly every day. She doesn't even know me, but knows my emotions quite well. She's been here, and has had two successful IVF procedures after multiple failed IUIs. Amy keeps reminding me this is an exciting time, the beginning of something new, and is definitely going to work. I can't bring myself to shift into that mindset. Just trying to avoid disappointment.
Monday, November 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment