Friday, November 02, 2007

Eggs, eggs, eggs


Preparing for an injection: 150 iu Follistim and 75 iu Menopur


Ultrasound and labs today.

Everything looks as it should, as it has in past stimulation cycles.

Bloodwork shows hormone levels within normal limits. The ultrasound revealed 16 developing follicles. There were only 11 on Monday. Several are "9s" and need to measure between 16mm and 20mm before triggering to be considered mature. The RE said they all looked "good" and were symmetrical. The endometrial lining is measuring 4mm and ideally should be between 8-12 for implantation. In the past I have only been as thick as 7.

Some fluid was present in the uteran cavity which he sounded concerned about but didn't expand upon, so I asked.
Why don't doctors just tell you things? Do they not realize that patients, especially smart ones like myself, are able to pick up on their facial expressions, body language, and their intense examination of particular ultrasound images? And my imagination is often much worse than the truth?!? He explained, after my asking, that for some women it is a sign of infection, but since I had been cultured and tested over and over and over, he thought there was little chance of it being a sign of infection and he thought it would work itself out.

Overall my numbers are right where they should be. I am responding to the medications and I will continue with the same doses. My next ultrasound and lab appointment is first thing Monday morning.

Until then... I am trying to relax and looking for projects that don't include heavy lifting or exertion. I am lifting my feet to increase blood flow to the uterus, and not doing anything that would cause competition with the uterus for blood.

Deep breath.

No comments: