JD and Pudge went first while we hung out in Fish Lake.
We did a bit of fishing, took a dip, and hung around and read while they explored the river.
I love the waterlilies.
No beavers home today.
This loon popped up from the water right next to the boat, but then quickly made his decent back underwater. I think we startled him, when I went for the camera. Couldn't get a photo of him close up. I am pretty impressed by how far he swam underwater before popping up again.
We didn't take the camera on our kayak, but saw an eagle's nest and an osprey's nest. They were tending to their babies.
It was also a hard paddle back up river. I'm thinking the wind had more to do with that then the current. We loved it and look forward to exploring more of Minnesota's lakes and rivers.
No comments:
Post a Comment