Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Who Dat?

We, like many other New Orleanians, have been waiting for the Superdome to reopen for quite some time. Thankfully, we got in early with our season tickets purchase. I can hardly believe the Dome will be filled with season ticket holders in each and every seat.

Charlie and I were so excited...Charlie was SO excited, I thought he was going to pop! We took the afternoon off from work and walked downtown to have lunch with Lee. The rest of the afternoon was spent meandering around the city, watching fans get ready for the kick off.



The city, always celebrating something, has signs on almost every streetlight. The signs downtown celebrate the return of the Saints to the Dome. "Be a Saint."



The Goo Goo Dolls, Green Day, and U2 joined the city in the celebration. Interestingly enough, I was more excited about seeing our team run onto the field and get in formation for the kick off. Of course it was nice to have Bono in our city, and I think everyone appreciated the national attention, but last night was really about out guys, The New Orleans Saints.



The energy in the Superdome was surreal. I thought the Dome was going to levitate. The opening defensive plays showed us that the Saints were with us; they too had this positive energy that could take them anywhere.



23-3, Saints. We're now 3-0. Fans chanted "Who Dat" as we left smiling. Looking forward to the next game. It is great to be a New Orleanian.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOOOOO SAINTS! I am hooked! I missed the first quarter, but watched the rest. We don't get many Saints games in OKC. I hope to see more.