Saturday I got a little bit of time with my older son. We talked a lot about how it was "just the two of us" for nearly 2.5 years. He liked hearing about the things we did together.
He chose Shake Shack in Midtown for lunch because it was right around the corner from the theater. My little New Yorker worked the crowd and managed to eye someone out of their table. Folks like to linger even when the place is packed but Freddie managed to score a table just in time for us to eat.
The kid loves Shake Shack. He put down a hot dog and a cheeseburger.
![]() |
| Mine! |
After that we were off to see a show!
I have seen The Lion King before, and enjoyed it, but have really been waiting to take the boys. I wasn't 100% sure Freddie was ready, but wanted to try it.
It was a huge hit with him, and I actually think Hans is ready as well.
Letting him load up on snacks certainly enhanced the experience.
Our seats were perfect in the 2nd row of the mezzanine along the side the stage. He was able to sit on his knees and rest his head on the railing. He was able to see into a little balcony area where there was a percussionist. The show opened with an actor standing right in front of us singing, and then again after intermission.
He was in awe for the entire performance. He followed the story and "got" all of the jokes. I loved being with him.
Since we got home he's been humming the tunes. Perhaps he needs the soundtrack because he's been singing the opening Zulu chant in the Circle of Life, but his lyrics consist of "Hallll-aaaahhhhh -peeeeen-yo"(Jalepeno!)
I am so thankful for some one on one time with this guy. I am also so thankful we get to experience a little bit of Broadway together. There are lots of magical things about growing up in NYC.





















No comments:
Post a Comment