Yes, I am just as amazed as you are. It took quite a bit of motivation, and reassurance that it wasn't windy out. It took a long, long, l-o-n-g time to get all bundled up for the expedition. I honestly thought we wouldn't be out for as long as it took as to get dressed.
Freddie refused help with walking and he fell down a lot. And he couldn't get up by himself. Poor kid could barely move.
He's been asking for the playground quite often. We talk about it being covered in snow almost every day as we look at it through the living room window.
We got to go today. He couldn't get himself up the steps to the slide but he did get to swing for a while. He tried to dig but gave up when he couldn't really move his arms.
Freddy and Rebekah brought their sled and met us on the "hill" by our building.
| Rebekah giving Freddie a pep talk before sending him down. |
I wasn't sure he was going to be too interested in going down again since he almost wiped out on his first run, but he actually loved it. He clapped and giggled and asked to go again over and over. He even went down on his belly, head first once.
| Freddie and Freddy catching their breath |
I'm on the hunt for a sled on sale as well as some snow gear for next year, specifically mittens and boots with wide entrances and cinches to keep snow out. Freddie's current mittens and boots cinch but I can't guide his appendages into the correct position since they don't really open wide enough. So this year it is just a lot of pushing, pulling, and squirming to get things stuffed into place.






2 comments:
Methinks you need a new tag entitled
"The Adventures of Freddie and Freddy." I love these pictures of their budding friendship, and of Freddie on the sled! What fun!
Embrace the snow!! I am so proud of you for going outside!! Great job!!
Post a Comment