
Baby's got a heartbeat.
That's about the only details I can give you, but really, it's enough.
Dr. M was out at an emergency surgery this afternoon so I got in to see Dr. SP. He's a sweet old guy, but knew little about using the new fangled ultrasound machine. Between he and the nurse they were able to confirm heartbeat, determine 7 weeks 3 days gestation (I figured it'd be about 7 weeks 6 days.), and print us a picture. I really couldn't see the heartbeat, but Charlie did, so I'm taking his word on it.
The physical exam revealed a polyp on the cervix that will have to come off in a month or so which is believed to be source of the bleeding. Regardless, continued pelvic rest and very limited activity.
The nurse is going to get me in to see Dr. M in the next week or two, so hopefully she'll call tomorrow with an appointment.
I've taken a breath.


8 comments:
This is the best news I've heard in a long time!
We'll continue to hold you and Charlie and baby in our hearts, and hope for a healthy pregnancy, with only tears of joy.
Happy Birthday, indeed. Now go open some of those surprises!
xoxoxoxo
Emmy
THANK GOD!!! I am SOOOOOOOOO happy for you! I'm taking that huge breath with you, and happy birthday! :)
Oh what a birthday gift for you Erin. I'm so happy for you. Take it easy and let Charlie pamper you.
I have never been so happy to hear that someone has a bleeding cervical polyp!
Happy Birthday, Erin!
Congrats to Erin and Charlie!
Oh my gosh, girl! Happy Birthday indeed. Take it easy. I'll be in town in a few weeks if you need help with the garden. Resist the urge to pull weeds:)
Wonderful news, Erin! So thankful!!!!
I am so happy!!! I had a cyst on one of my ovaries at about 3 months and went to the ER due to bleeding. It dissoved and everything was fine. I'm so excited for you and Charlie. This is really a miracle after all you have been through. Finally some good news!!!!
Love ya, Dawn
Hi Guys, Steven and I have nothing but positive and wonderful thoughts for you right now! We love you both!
Post a Comment