Dinner was at Vizard's, right in our neighborhood. It's a tiny place with seating for about 30 people. We got there when they opened and it was filled with a wait by the time we were leaving.
No food pictures, but it was y-u-m-m-y.
The waiter commented on how much we ordered, but I had faith we could put it away...gumbo, green eggs and ham salad (have you ever seen a paneed fried egg?), Louisiana strawberry and fontina cheese salad, gnocchi with crawfish and shrimp, crabmeat Nelson (fried eggplant with loads of blue crabmeat and hollandaise sauce galore), and grilled redfish with crabmeat, herbs, and fresh corn. Oh, and pecan torte and strawberry shortcake for dessert.
How nice to have this just two blocks away. Charlie may be sneaking over there for a gin gimlet and a bowl of hollandaise.
Home in a flash to open those gifts. Charlie was very proud of himself and the "haul" he provided.
A new Sigg, LL Bean muck boots, a perfect new pillow, a new fleece, and a Flip video camera that I hope brings some blog posts to a whole new level! I can't stop thinking of the possibilities. Poor, poor, Charles...he's really in for it.
Thank you all for yesterday, and the day before, week before, year before. As alone as Charlie and I feel on this journey at times, I know we are hardly alone. I'll be making my way through my inbox and voicemails today, but know I appreciate each of you.


2 comments:
One of these days, Frank and I will definitely have to travel to NO.
You and Charlie the Bear are just too cute.
I love the smile I saw in your eyes in your birthday photo! I'm sure I speak for all us true believers in your blogospere that we all felt like it was our birthdays when we read your post from yesterday.
And while I hate to join the throngs of people who feel entitled to tell pregnant people what they *should* and *should not* do, I hope Charlie's talking to was about you staying off your feet, neglecting the garden, and catching up on trashy magazine reads.
xo
Emmy
And I have to second Cathy,
Let's Hear it for POLYPS!
Post a Comment