Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Bon Appetit




Casper Chicken. We have it for dinner three to four nights a week. Charlie would probably tell you it's more like five nights a week, but he's got a skewed sense of perception when it comes to meals.

No salt. No sauce. No seasoning. Plop it in the oven at 350* and in no time...it's done! Casper Chicken! Hey, at least it's healthy.

I have to admit that looking at it now, sitting atop the stove in the blue pyrex baking dish, it looks awfully pathetic. But once on the plate, next to some *white* rice or *white* potatoes and *plain* broccoli, it doesn't look SO bad. Charlie adds some sauce, BBQ for now, and butter to the veggies and starch, and that does help it out.

Cooking dinner is not my favorite thing to do, if it isn't already obvious. I am usually looking for something fast, healthy, and it mustn't create many dishes. Please note that I do cook a breakfast of eggs, sausage, toast, sometimes some hashbrowns, every morning before work and pack a lunch complete with turkey sandwich, granola bar, an apple, and miscellaneous treats. (I even throw in a love note every once in a while.)

I have pulled a few recipes from Real Simple that look easy enough. I've made a grocery list and have thought about how to streamline the prep. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: