Tuesday, February 19, 2013
Preschool Valentines
Freddie made his own valentines. It was a labor of love (for both of us). Although I found LOTS of really cute DIY valentines online and I really wanted to make them, even at the risk of being "that mom," I decided Freddie would get a lot more out of the experience if he actually made his valentines. And he did. There was lots of practice writing, he learned how to spell "to" and "from" (and has since written these words on his own), he learned what a colon was, there was practice gluing and peeling the backs off stickers, and we got to chat about all the kids in his class as he created just the right valentine for each of them. He was so excited to carry his sack filled with valentines down to school, and he worked really hard matching the names on the hearts to the names on the cubbies. He was very proud delivering each one. Well worth the effort.
Labels:
Freddie in School,
Valentine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment