
Checking out his success. He asked for his diaper off twice this morning
while we were getting ready to leave and both times he peepeed in the potty!
There have been a few hits and lots of misses. It's feeling a little like having a puppy.
I am not excecuting my full fledged training plan just yet. We're still in the getting acquainted period.
What does this getting acquainted look like, you ask?
- No more liquids 2 hours before bed.
- No more sip cup with water at bed time and in the bed.
- Asking if he has to potty first thing in the morning, right after nap, and as soon as we walk in the door.
- Pants-less, for the most part, at home.
- "Do you have to pee on the potty?" He runs to the potty and usually nothing.
- Peeing on the floor and being told "Pee goes in the potty" as I bring him to the potty. Same story for poop.
- Pee on the floor while he shouts "Mess!" and he runs to the potty after the fact.
- Sitting on the potty on his own, and giving his "I'm pushing face." He then gets up and poops on the floor a few minutes later....and the howls "Mess!"
- He asks for his diaper off pretty often and then sits on the potty. After that it's no more diaper for the day.
- We've had some peepee deposits. One was made while he was in the standing position so although it was technically a success because he got to the potty before peeing, it was most definitely a mess.
- We've had a poop deposit.
- He's made the definite connection between the potty and the his urge to poop and pee.
- What is the way to handle the whole "boys stand to pee in the potty" thing?
- Will I do night training along with day training?
- Is he really ready for Potty 101? If not, what exactly will "ready" look like?
- Am I really ready for Potty 101? It's going to put a kink into things. I'll be in the house with him for a few days in a row and after that outings will become more difficult.
- When will I actually mark out the dates to set the plan in motion?


4 comments:
It's a damn good thing you have wood floors and not carpet. Good luck with the potty training process!
Oy!
You both sound ready!
The pee standing up thing is really a family decision. Charlie can model. Just be prepared for pee on the walls, ceiling, you...some people put cheerios and have him aim at them...
Best wishes! You are doing a great job. Accidents will happen for a while. Night time is difficult. Take the edge off and let him sleep in a diaper and get to the toilet as soon as his eyes open...maybe a minute before! LOL.
With 3 boys I can honestly say I wish they would sit down when they pee!!
Sounds like my house. Luke is aware of what he is doing just doesn't have much desire to pee in the potty. He pees where ever, whenever and doesn't care if his "Diego" or "Mickey" underwear are soaked with pee.
Cora was potty trained with very few accidents by 18 months. . . Luke will be lucky if he is potty trained by 3 years old!!
Post a Comment