Sorry for the lack of posts. I know what you're thinking...I should have lots to write about. And I do. The problem is that I am having a hard time wrapping my head around everything. I am not sure I can put to words my feelings much less the experience just yet.
I haven't even been taking any pictures, if you can believe it. It's been difficult for me to absorb everything and the camera can sometimes impede that as well. So I have just be wandering, aimlessly, physically and mentally. Just ask Charlie, my map reading, destination bound husband.
Speaking of Dr. C, he's doing well, but getting a dose of the same shock. I hate to speak for him, but I am pretty sure this is a bit overwhelming for him as well. He's been over to work to take care of paperwork, insurance, and the like. Tomorrow though is his first day in the lab with his new boss, as the wind and rain from Hurricane Earl make their way up the east coast. I should have got him some cute rain boots, monogrammed with his PhD credentials.
We've just got the internet and the furniture arrives tomorrow, so hopefully in the next few days I'll make my way to the desk and peck out a few posts. Stay tuned.
Thursday, September 02, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I can only imagine the massive change you are undergoing. It's a lot to take in and must be so overhwelming. Although I bet Freddie is taking it all in stride. I do have to ask however - do hurricanes follow you? :)
Can't wait to hear more outta you. I can't imagine how overwhelmed you must be, but I'm glad you three are together after the long summer apart!
Is Hurricane Earl headed your way?
Transitions are so hard Erin, we're thinking of you guys! Many congrats to Charlie, that's so exciting. Can't wait to see you guys soon. Love, Becky
Post a Comment