Motor:
- You're trying to peddle your tricycle. It'd be easier if your legs were longer. I think we'll look for some blocks to help with that because it may be a long, long time before your legs are long enough.
- You've been getting on the scooters at the playground. You know better than to push the big kids off their scooters so you just hover until they hop off. Once on you place your hands on the handlebars which are above your head and with perfect form you use one foot to push yourself along.
- You are very into throwing a ball. You like to take turns throwing back and forth.
- You climb up on the big kid swing so you are belly down and give yourself a push with your feet and swing. You sometimes ask me to help you get on your bottom so you can swing on the big swings but generally prefer to do it on your own with your belly.
- You can climb onto just about anything.
![]() |
| I love finding you reading your books. |
Vocabulary:
- Erin heard as Eeeeee-rrrin"from the tub when you and Dada are finished bathing.
- Open and On have got to be your two favorite words. I hear them constantly.
- You also ask for food quite a bit...cheese, banana, fish (goldfish), milk.
- And sadly, I have lost track of all your new words. It is more than I can keep up with these days. You constantly surprise me with your new words. Today it was "geese" after I had told you about the geese over a week ago, and today you saw them and shouted "geese"!
- You continue to tell long stories that seems so purposeful but I am still unable to make heads or tails of what you're talking about.
| You've been stretching out lately when you see the TV on. |
Diet:
- Some days you actually get about 200z of milk. You'd most likely drink 20 oz if it was all Pediasure but I only offer you 8 oz a day of that.
- As much as you ask for food you still really aren't too interested in eating. You do love goldfish though. I can usually count on you eating a cereal bar or slice of banana bread on our morning walk but that's the only thing I can count on you eat...probably because you cannot do anything else for the 6 mile walk.
- You've been eating a lot of peanut butter lately.
- You're into dipping, especially chips in guacamole and apples in peanut butter.
| You love snuggling with your sip cup. I can hear you take a swig of water during the night. |
Appearance:
- Those 12-18 month clothes are still fitting nicely. Your winter wardrobe is a step up in size and is going to be pretty big on you.
- We've seen a 21 on the scale. I am hoping you're gaining weight.
- You are cutting 2 of your 2 year molars. The two on the left, upper and lower, are trying to push through. You'll grab my finger and put it in your mouth to check things out every once in a while. I sure hope they break through soon because I can tell you've been uncomfortable.
- You need another haircut. It seems to grow more quickly in the back.
- I love your long dark eyelashes.
- Blondie!
Likes:
- Running
- Climbing
- Bambi...you've started noticing the television more and have been asking that we turn it on. You'd specifically like to watch Bambi but can be easily sucked in to any cartoon. We definitely limit TV viewing.
- Stomping and jumping in puddles.
- Bathtime is back on your favorites list.
- Books
- Hugging your tigey
- Music. You love when the ipod is hooked up to the speakers and we dance around the living room. You also ask for the music to be turned on in the mornings on our walks.
Dislikes:
- Even though you ask for the squawking penguin to be turned on you immediately want it off once it starts up.
- Most foods. You scrunch your nose up and shake your head when offered something that's not on the list of usuals.
Personality:
- You're pretty outgoing although you seem to be giving some shy looks to more and more people lately.
- You always ask for kisses by puckering your lips in the direction of the person you're soliciting a kiss from. Today you requested a kiss from Mel, the doorman.
- Stubborn. You know when you're doing something that's off limits, and you'll do it 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 times before finally complying with my redirection. Standing on the furniture is an example. I'll say "feet on the floor" three or four times and place your feet on the floor before you finally concede. Sometimes if told "no" you respond with a frustrated "no, no, no" yourself.
Sleep:
- To bed each night between 7.00 and 7.30
- Up each morning between 6.30 and 7.00
- Your napping 2-3 hours in the middle of the day, but a few days the past week you have had trouble going down. I think your new teeth may be interfering.
Potty training:
- We're doing it. You're on board so far. We'll see where this goes.
- You've been sitting on the potty once or twice a day over the past couple weeks. You REALLY want to wipe your bottom and put the paper in the toilet. You also like to hop off and flush and watch the paper go down.






2 comments:
Erin, he is so pretty and looks so much like you to me. I am thankful that you and Charlie have this dear little boy.
He is such the little man! Just love that boy!
Post a Comment