Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Charlie caught a coconut

We threw together the costume this morning about 7:30 and made it out by 9am, just in time to catch Zulu since they are notoriously late.


And I was a Zulu coconut, the prize throw on Mardi Gras Day, and was a complete hit along the route. I got thumbs up from men and women alike. Everyone wanted to know when he was coming (Today?) and had to have their picture taken with III.

Kids were in awe, especially when Charlie explained it was a beer belly! And so many people commented they thought it wasn't real at first. More than one woman commented on how brave I was for bearing it today. Hey, it's Mardi Gras. How can I not.

We only took an handful of photos and I wish I had gotten one with more of a profile shot so you can truly appreciate this "coconut" of mine.


We called it a day around lunch time, headed back Uptown for some pizza, and now a long nap is on the agenda.

I hope all the Mardi Gras drunks clear out of the hospital before Freddie starts into action to make his appearance tonight... if only.

7 comments:

Emmy said...

Love it! Can't think of a better day for you guys to have a baby than Mardi Gras day!

Anonymous said...

You are the cutest coconut I've EVER seen! What a wonderful costume, and a frame worthy photo!

Anonymous said...

I am SO impressed you fit into an x-small tutu!

Soapchick said...

OMG you are so ADORABLE! Great costume and your belly is just so darn cute. I bet it was a crowd pleaser! Ok FCS you can come out now!

~jen said...

Adorable! Absolutely adorable!

ErinG said...

OMG - YOU ARE ADORABLE!!!!!! I celebrated Mardi Gras here at home - I miss this month so much - I love the family atmosphere parades ( not the craziness shown on TV). GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY MARDI GRAS!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't think I've ever commented but I've been a lurker for about a year. I've always enjoyed your posts, but how could I not comment right now?!

GREAT COSTUME!!

I'm from New Orleans (we moved to Dallas with Katrina). I was so homesick yesterday. We haven't been home for Mardi Gras since we moved here. Your posts always make me smile because it's a little bit of home. =)