Resolutions. I can't remember making any last year. They are usually the same each year...exercise more, eat less, read more, and so on. Quite the predictable list.
With all this time on my hands napping and lying around I've been perusing the internet looking at "formulas" for happiness. There's lots that's been written by professionals and everyday folk about what makes for a happy person. And since I really think of myself as happy, I thought it may be a good idea to figure out where that comes from so I am able to continue to be happy.
I was pleased to see that most things on many, many lists are things which I already practice or are parts of our life. Most people tend to agree that regular exercise, routine, and adequate sleep are high on the list for living a happy life, and I've got these down for the most part.
Other things that I picked up that reoccurred in some form or another on many lists was the development of trust in the goodness of man, living within your means, love of work, and practicing moderation and gratitude. And I've got this down was well.
Of course I did find a few things I could work on, things I was aware brought stress into my life. They were no surprise:
A few other resolutions for 2009 that have probably been on lists from year's past...
With all this time on my hands napping and lying around I've been perusing the internet looking at "formulas" for happiness. There's lots that's been written by professionals and everyday folk about what makes for a happy person. And since I really think of myself as happy, I thought it may be a good idea to figure out where that comes from so I am able to continue to be happy.
I was pleased to see that most things on many, many lists are things which I already practice or are parts of our life. Most people tend to agree that regular exercise, routine, and adequate sleep are high on the list for living a happy life, and I've got these down for the most part.
Other things that I picked up that reoccurred in some form or another on many lists was the development of trust in the goodness of man, living within your means, love of work, and practicing moderation and gratitude. And I've got this down was well.
Of course I did find a few things I could work on, things I was aware brought stress into my life. They were no surprise:
- Live in the present. I don't know if I dwell on the past as much as I try to anticipate the future. I'm a planner and I like control.
- Know your limits. Know how to say "No." I don't even know what to say for this one, but I know it's a problem. Learning to say "no" would probably remove the majority of stress in my life. My saying "no" would probably also remove a lot of the stress in Charlie's life as well...poor man has to deal with my breakdowns.
A few other resolutions for 2009 that have probably been on lists from year's past...
- Get back to reading
- Wear sunscreen
- Learn more about my camera and my new lens
- Run 4 road races this year
- Drink more wine
- Ride the ferry at sunset
- Cook seasonal veggies from the Farmers' market
- Eat brunch at Commander's Palace
- More love notes, fewer "honey do" reminders (maybe)


1 comment:
Wow! Happy 33 weeks!
Post a Comment