Monday, January 07, 2013

Christmas and December Wrap Up

Our decorations are packed away until next year, and we're all a little sad December is over.  I am not sure how I didn't get anything up here about "Christmas" itself, considering all of the build up.  Turns out I am just now pulling photos off my camera from Christmas and I only took 28 photos.  Sigh.  Ah well, it was a great day.  Santa managed to find us in Oklahoma, and left some surprises in NYC as well.  We received thoughtful gifts from friends and family, and enjoyed giving gifts we picked for others.  The boys are still commenting on how much the "love" one thing or another.




I loved all of December, and the fun we had together.  I've blogged about a lot of it, and cannot wait to do it again.


 
Some other highlights include our gingerbread house.  The gingerbread kit was a Black Friday purchase at Michael's, and was $4 well spent.  Although not exactly tasty. it really simplified this activity.  Perhaps next year I'll bake gingerbread sheets.  I actually thought we did a great job, until we had dinner at a friend's house and saw their creation.  It put ours to shame.  Freddie loved doing the frosting more than placing the candies, and was very proud.




Avan, our Elf from the North Pole, spent the month with us.  The boys loved finding him each morning.  I need a remainder each night to move him to a new spot.

There was shopping...

At FAO Schwarz


Wrapping...



And making snowman sundaes that didn't look anything like those on the internet.







We saw Christmas lights...




And the Polar Express (in 4-D!)




And just spent a whole lot of time enjoying the season and each other.



Even when we all of the boys had the flu.



No comments: