Thursday, January 03, 2013

18 Month Well Visit

At 18 months 11 days..

Stats:

Weight:  24 lbs 10 oz (30th percentile)
Height:  32.75 inches (60th percentile)
Head Circumference:  47.5 (50th percentile)

Vaccinations:
  • None.  Hep A has to be given 6 months apart.  His last dose was in July, so she said we'd just wait until his two year visit.

She said he looked "outstanding."  He had lots to say after he finally decided it was ok for her to examine him.  He wasn't happy about being undressed in the cold room, and screamed for a bit when trying to weight him.  She noted his stuffy nose and said even though he has some congestion his chest sounded clear. 

She was a bit concerned about his weight gain being so slight, down from the 75th to 30th percentile, but thought it was just something to check again when she sees in him June.

Her main concern was his two fainting spells.  I went in expecting her to tell me it was fine and not to worry.  Her general approach is very laid back.  She has a ton of experience so I know she's seen it all.  I explained what happened and her immediate recommendation was to see a neurologist ASAP.  She thought he was a little old to just now be showing behaviors of a "breath holder."

Her recommendation for a neurologist doesn't accept insurance, so I am waiting to hear back from a few people for recommendations and will see who can see him soonest.

Update:  Pediatric neurologist appointment on January 23rd. January 8th. After messaging the neurologist, the appointment was moved up.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad the appt. was moved up. xoxo

eherry said...

I am praying for you and Charlie. Kid health stuff is nerve-racking and I would be scared, too. I wish you were home now more than ever. I have a good friend that is a neurologist and he is a genius, literally. Let me know if you want me to pass any of the info you have to funnel through those heads of yours on to him. He's great at breaking things down and explaining it so NON-medical brains can process it.

Lesley said...

I know this is scary, friend. I hope you can relax between now and the appointment. Being a mama is a hard road. xoxo

Georgia said...

I know this is scary, sweet Mama. Thinking of you now, and tomorrow, and Monday and every second of Tuesday. I'm glad you're in good hands up there, and glad you have king cake. :) Hugs to you, and to sweet hunk of love Hans.
xoxo
Georgia