- 2 pounds white chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed peppermints (8-12 candy canes)
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract (or oil)
- Melt chocolate. This is easily done bu placing chocolate in the microwave. Try 30 sencond intervals and stir in between. Continue until smooth.
- Meanwhile crush the candy canes. I placed them in a ziploc and gave Freddie a large, heavy spoon to hit it them with.
- Stir in half the crushed peppermint and the oil.
- Pour the melted chocolate and peppermint mixture on a rimmed cookie sheet lined with foil or wax paper. Smooth to evenly distribute. It does not have to reach the edges or fill the pan. You're just going to break it up anyway.
- Sprinkle the remaining crushed candy canes on top and gently press down to make sure it is stuck int he chocolate.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour or until firm.
- Remove and break into pieces.
- Use half dark chocolate chips. Follow the above instructions (1-4) with the dark chocolate, and then again for the white chocolate, adding a second layer.