He's showing signs of readiness:
- He'll proclaim "poo poo" after he's pooped
- He's going to the potty to sit after he's made a poop and wants on the potty
- He points to the potty and says poopoo and peepee, and wants up. He'll grunt and watch as though he's awaiting a deposit, but he's yet to make that happen.
- He's pointed to the potty while in the tub, but peepeed before he made it to the potty.
- His poops are regular and predictable.
- He's very interested in everyone's bathroom routine, and is a frequent spectator.